Downloading a copy of your current Google Merchant Center product feed is a great way to see exactly what product data Google is using to serve your Google Shopping PLAs. It’s also a great way for us to do an audit of your current feed to identify optimization and performance improvements. Here are the steps to quickly download a copy of your current product feed.
- Log in to your Google Merchant Center account.
- Navigate to the account/sub-account, under home , diagnostics section.
- In the left-hand menu, select “Products” and then “Feeds”.
- Click the name of the feed container you want to download.
- Inside the feed container there are 3 dots displayed on the right hand side, click the 3 dots and a drop down option will appear with the option to “Download File”.
Product feed files will be available for download for up to 30 days after they are first uploaded.
“I’m seeing multiple feeds.”
On the Feeds page, look for feeds with a Mode of “Standard” and a Type of “Products.” These will contain all of your product data, including title, brand, link, etc. You may need to look at the Last Upload Date as well as the number of products shown in the Status column to help differentiate your feeds and choose the correct one.
“I don’t see any product feeds.”
If your products are submitted to the Google Merchant Center through an API connection, you may not see any product feeds at all. To confirm an API connection, select the overflow menu at the top-right of the Google Merchant Center page and select API Diagnostics.
If you see an API Diagnostics graph, this is an indicator that your products are being fed via API, in which case you have no product feed to download. Speak to your Feedonomics representative about downloading a copy of your current product data.
“I’m using Google Sheets to submit my products.”
- On the Products > Feeds page, select the name of your Google Sheets–based product feed
- On the next page, select Edit Spreadsheet
- From within Google Sheets, select File > Download As > Comma-separated values
Still having problems with your Google Merchant Center, or want a better optimized feed? Our full-service team can help! Reach out to us for a free demo below!