Downloading a copy of your current Google Merchant Center product feed data is a great way to see exactly what product data Google is using to serve your Google Shopping ads. It’s also a great way for us to do an audit of your current feed to identify optimization and performance improvements. Here are the steps to quickly download a copy of your current product feed.
- Log in to your Google Merchant Center account.
- Navigate to the account/sub-account.
- In the left-hand menu, select “Products” and then “Feeds.”
- Click the name of the feed container you want to download.
- On the feed page, beneath the overview of your feed, click on the blue text that says “Download file.”
Product feed files will be available for download for up to 30 days after they are first uploaded.
“I’m seeing multiple feeds.”
If you don’t know which feed is the correct feed, you can click “View products” under a feed (in the “Feed name” column) on the Feeds page. This will show you what’s in the catalog.
You can also look at the “Feed name,” “Input method,” “Last upload date,” “Country of sale,” “Content language,” “Products,” and “Destination” for more clues.
If it’s still unclear which feed is the correct feed, try clicking on one of the feed containers. This takes you to a page with “Processing,” “Settings,” and “Feed rules” below the feed overview.
Select the “Settings” tab, and then click on “Feed settings” in the middle of the page. This opens a drop-down that allows you to see the name of the file you uploaded.
“I don’t see any product feeds.”
If your products are submitted to the Google Merchant Center through an API connection, you may not see any product feeds at all. To confirm an API connection, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Google Merchant Center page and select “Content API.”
If you see a diagnostics graph, this is an indicator that your products are being fed via API. To download a feed file for products submitted by API:
1. Navigate to “Products” → “All Products” in the menu on the left side of the screen. This generates a list of all the active products in your GMC account.
2. If you only have one feed or simply want to download all products, regardless of which feed they are in, press the “Download” button on the right side above the products list.
3. If you have multiple feeds and want to download products from one specific feed, you can sort products by their feed source.
4. Under the filters button, select “Source” and then choose the feed you want to download products from.
Downloading product feeds from the “All Products” section is a simple way to access all active products in your feeds and is the recommended method by our integration team.
“I’m using Google Sheets to submit my products.”
- On the Products > Feeds page, select “Open” under the name of your Google Sheets–based product feed.
- From within Google Sheets, select File > Download > Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
Brian Roizen is the Cofounder and Chief Architect of Feedonomics, a full-service feed optimization platform that optimizes product data for hundreds of channels. He has been featured on numerous podcasts and eCommerce webinars, and regularly contributes to Search Engine Land and other industry-leading blogs. Brian graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.