Selects Feedonomics as Feed Management Provider
Pinterest’s shopping experience is about to become even more robust as the visual discovery engine expands its newly rebranded Partners program (formerly known as Marketing Partners).
It’s been well documented that Pinners use the platform to get inspiration for everyday life – whether it’s food recipes, home decorating, or fashion. They collect images, saving inspirational content to their boards and in the process, discover products and services.
Imagine searching for ideas on nursery room décor. The mother-to-be is looking for ideas and inspiration on cribs, wall decorations, and other furnishings. When a retailer’s Shopping Ad pops up featuring nursery room products, the user will be able to go from “pin to purchase” in just a few clicks. 83% of Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest, according to a 2018 study by market researcher Gfk.
To that end, Pinterest has partnered with a core group of specialty partners to enhance and maximize shopping experiences on the platform. “We are very excited to partner with Pinterest and bring the power of feed optimization to one of the most visually compelling discovery platforms,” said Brian Roizen, co-founder and chief architect of Feedonomics.
The Pinterest Difference
Pinterest has beefed up their support for merchants, introducing new shopping features like:
- Introduced Product Pins with up-to-date pricing and stock information, as well as personalized shopping recommendations
- Catalogs – brands can now upload their full catalog to Pinterest, turning their products into shoppable Product Pins
- Shopping Ads – businesses can utilize Ads Manager, a self-serve tool that allows a retailer to promote items from their existing product feed with Shopping Ads
Now more than ever, retailers can target consumers on the platform who are actively considering products or services in a category. The combined effort from Pinterest and advertisers results in a shopping experience that’s seamless for users. According to a Neustar MarketShare study, Pinterest is more likely to influence purchase decisions in the beginning of the purchase journey than other platforms, leading to 40% bigger baskets and faster conversions.
The Feedonomics Solution
If you are looking to showcase your product catalog on Pinterest, having a feed management platform will make it easier to manage hundreds or even thousands of products.
As an official Pinterest Partner, Feedonomics can help with the following:
- Export products from your website and send them to Pinterest in the correct format
- Manage a large inventory of products – optimizing, monitoring, and actioning the results.
- Advanced feed management – We work closely with the campaign manager to apply custom labels that can be used to leverage competitor insights, conduct split tests, or return profit metrics on a per SKU level.
- Feedonomics technology – Our platform is bursting with powerful tools to help optimize and manage your product listings. Take a look at FeedTelligence™ in action!
Find out why the world's most prolific brands and online retailers choose Feedonomics.
Brian Roizen is the Cofounder and Chief Architect of Feedonomics, a full-service feed optimization platform that optimizes product data for hundreds of channels. He has been featured on numerous podcasts and eCommerce webinars, and regularly contributes to Search Engine Land and other industry-leading blogs. Brian graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.