For advertisers, the five days following our national day of thanks is like sprinting a marathon, but staying authentic as a brand is the single most important tactic you can employ. Search, social, and video platforms swarm with “the best deals of the year,” but being true to the core tenants of your brand can help you shine through. Consider NOT promoting a thing. After all, people know that deals will continue through December 20th. Stand for something more, as we will with our client, K9 Power. Instead of promoting “20% off all dog supplements,” we will encourage dog lovers to give their canines the gift of their time and to share that joy with others through their favorite social channels.
Travis Biechele – COO and Owner
El Dorado Digital
It is no secret that consumers expect web pages to load quickly. According to KissMetrics, 47% of customers expect a web page to load in two seconds or less! Additional data from Google shows that 53% of mobile site visitors leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load. So make sure your site lives up to consumer expectations improving its loading speed and mobile experience to prevent losing out on conversions. In terms of paid search advertising, set yourself up for success by ensuring paid search campaigns are foolproof for the holiday season. Examples of this include ensuring that:
- Product feeds are correct and up-to-date for shopping campaigns. This is especially important following the release of Google’s new shopping experience.
- Your ad copy is updated to contain relevant offers and messaging for the holiday season. The same goes for ad extensions be they sitelink, price or promotion extensions which should all accurately reflect your holiday offers.
Also, use the holiday season to test seasonal strategies and tactics such as seasonal event segments for in-market audiences and the recently released seasonality adjustments in Google. These can provide valuable learnings and insights for future holiday seasons and may help drive valuable conversions efficiently.
Fahd Aziz – Paid Search Manager
- Get your email lists ready, and your marketing emails pre-designed.
- Black Friday is more than just one day. Don’t forget to invite your customers to come back and shop the next day.
- Maximise your discounts – offer doorbusters.
- Load test. Ensure your site can handle the peak traffic.
- Make sure you get the right stock to sell at a profit and give yourself plenty of time to promote the offers.
- Extra tip: Start early, your competition will.
Alexander Andersson – Head of CRM
Find out why the world's most prolific brands and online retailers choose Feedonomics.
Brian Roizen is the Cofounder and Chief Architect of Feedonomics, a full-service feed optimization platform that optimizes product data for hundreds of channels. He has been featured on numerous podcasts and eCommerce webinars, and regularly contributes to Search Engine Land and other industry-leading blogs. Brian graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.