‹ All 2020 Ecommerce tips
Marketplace Tips for eCommerce Success
Online marketplaces like Amazon can provide sellers a powerful opportunity to reach new customers and increase their sales. Marketplace experts offer tips on how to succeed on marketplaces, such as how to decide which marketplace is the best fit for you and the importance of focusing on the details.
Web Marketing Analyst, WebFX
Decide where you should be selling.
In 2020, businesses have more options than ever to diversify selling channels with online marketplaces.
When determining where to sell online, think about your current needs and long-term business goals. If you need to move inventory quickly, marketplaces like Amazon and eBay let you start selling fast.
Amazon receives more than 150 million monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone, so keep in mind that you can leverage that traffic to get more eyes on your products. This is especially helpful if you just launched an eCommerce website and want to boost sales while you establish organic rankings and traffic with SEO.
Some online marketplaces like Amazon also offer fulfillment solutions and expedited delivery, so if you need help with inventory management or shipping, you’ll want to sell on a marketplace that offers assistance with those items.
Selling on online marketplaces offers numerous benefits, but be sure to weigh marketplace fees since they can cut into your profit margins.
Don’t rule out selling on your own website. It requires technical expertise and SEO knowledge, but you’ll have greater control over pricing in the long run and you won’t have to compete with other marketplace sellers.
Marketing Manager, bidorbuy
Focus on the details.
- Every sale matters. Treat every customer as a VIP, no matter how small the sale is.
- Talk don’t type. You have to work at relationships with customers when you don’t get to meet them in person. If you receive a complaint, don’t respond with an email. Pick up the phone, call the buyer and listen to why they’re unhappy. It’s a great way to build trust.
- Stand out from the crowd. Using clear, high-quality product photographs will help you compete with other sellers who might have similar products. They’ll also encourage buyers to purchase from you rather than another seller.
- Be honest. Buyers are trusting you to describe products accurately – don’t exaggerate or make false claims or you’ll risk frustrating buyers. The same goes for stock levels – make sure that you have enough to meet demand and keep all your online shoppers happy.
- Deliver on your promises. Think about every detail of delivery, from handling time to costs and from packaging to updating the buyer. A delivery strategy that works will increase your conversion rate and keep shoppers coming back for more.
- Don’t give up! Don’t be disappointed if not all your products sell, if you don’t always make a profit or be discouraged by the occasional difficult shopper. Selling online means learning all the time – the more you learn, the more you’ll sell and the better your online business will do.
bidorbuy is a South African online marketplace and auction site. Since 1999, bidorbuy has helped many local small businesses to succeed and grow by giving them a lower-cost way of reaching nationwide audiences.
SEO Tips to Improve your Website Rankings
Tips to Help You Understand and Action Your Advertising Data
Affiliate Marketing Tips to Drive More Sales
Find out why the world's most prolific brands and online retailers choose Feedonomics