What is a Merchant Center Promotion?
Merchant Promotions is a free feature that allows you to distribute online promotions within your Google Shopping campaigns. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a “Special Offer” link (i.e. 15% off, free shipping, etc.). This link will serve two purposes – increase the appeal of your Shopping Ads and encourage shoppers to buy.
Merchant Center Promotions can:
- Create the sense of urgency due to a limited time offer.
- Gives you the opportunity to highlight your sales items.
- Boost your CTR (click-through rate) by using promotions to highlight your Shopping Ads.
How does it work?
Merchant Promotions start after you submit a products feed to Google Merchant Center. Once you have an active products feed, you can create a promotion for each type that you’d like to offer. After you create a promotion, Google reviews it.
The approved Merchant Promotions are:
- Percent off
- Cash back
- BOGO’s – buy one get one free
- Free gifts
- Gift with purchase
- Free item or gift card
- Free shipping
- Discounted shipping
How to Set-up Merchant Center Promotions
You must have a Merchant Center account and a Google Ads account before you can set-up a Merchant Center Promotion.
- Link your Google Ads and Merchant Center Accounts.
- Complete the Merchant Promotions Interest Form. Before you can run any promotion, you have to inform Google that you want to run a promotion for your shopping campaigns.
- After you receive the emailed approval from Google, follow the instructions in the email. You will have to go to the Merchant Center and click on the Promotions Tab.
- Create your first promotion.
- Wait for Google to approve it.
Feedonomics offers a variety of solutions to fit your needs – from our webinar How to Get Listed on Google Shopping Actions to our cutting-edge technology on feed optimization and dynamic data.
Find out why over 25% of the top 1,000 Internet Retailers work with us. Schedule a free demo and see what solutions we can offer your company today!
The Feedonomics Experience
See how we can help your business Today!
Find out why over 25% of the top 1,000 Internet Retailers choose Feedonomics.
Brian oversees all of Feedonomics’ Automation Processes. He loves taking the most annoying manual tasks and automating them. Brian received both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from UCLA, where he graduated summa cum laude.