How to Fix “Dangerous Products” Policy Violation on
Google Merchant Center
What does it mean when you receive a “Dangerous Products” email from Google Merchant Center? First, let’s review the Merchant Center policy?
In order to keep users safe, the Google Merchant Center has serious restrictions regarding the advertisement and sale of products that are deemed dangerous.
Below is an example of a “Dangerous Products” warning or suspension letter from Google Merchant Center:
Dear Google Merchant Center User,
Merchant Center Account: Account Name (Account Number)
We’ve reviewed your Merchant Center account and found policy violations.
Your Merchant Center account has been suspended, and your products are no longer being promoted.
Note that a suspension notification is also displayed in your Merchant Center account. In addition, related Merchant Center accounts may also get suspended.
Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies:
Dangerous products (Guns and parts)
GUNS AND PARTS (DANGEROUS PRODUCTS)
Guns and parts
Google doesn’t allow the promotion of:
– Functional devices that appear to discharge a projectile at high velocity, whether for sport, self-defense, or combat;
– Any part or component necessary to the function of a gun.
Visit https://goo.gl/DoAPaG to learn more on Dangerous Products policy.
Also, learn what you can do to address “guns and parts” violations: https://goo.gl/w1NPYl
The list of examples provided above is not an exhaustive list of all violating product listings. The sample is intended to help you identify the root cause(s) for the violation(s) found.
If you believe there’s been an error, we want to help. Contact your Account Manager or find out how to contact us by visiting support.google.com/merchants/
Here are some common examples of dangerous products that will result in violations:
- Guns: Defined in the above example as any “devices that appear to discharge a projectile at high velocity, whether for sport, self defense, or combat”. This restriction is also applicable to low caliber, sporting, and toy guns that can be used irresponsibly or be mistaken as real. (i.e: Hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns, paintball guns, airsoft guns)
- Gun Components and Parts: Any key component, modification, or part that enhances the overall functionality of a gun (i.e: Ammunition, bipods, scopes) Exception: Any part related to gun safety, such as safety pins or gun locks are allowed
- Explosives: Bombs or similar products built to detonate, which could result in harm to nearby people and/or property (i.e: Pipe bombs, grenades, fireworks, firecrackers)
- Knives: Non-utility knives and blades specifically built to injure others in combat or provide dangerous advantage in a confrontational setting. This refers to, but is not limited to, assisted opening mechanisms (i.e: Switchblades), and disguised appearance (i.e: Sword canes).
- Other Examples: Throwing axes, military knives, balisongs
- Other Weapons: In addition to the above examples, all other products specifically designed to cause injury are strictly prohibited. (i.e: Pepper spray, brass knuckles, tasers)
- Weapon Instructions: Guides or building instructions to any of the above examples that provides supplemental information about constructing, acquiring, or modifying dangerous products.
- Any recreational substances that alter mental state and motor function (i.e: Marijuana, cocaine, heroin)
- Any apparatus or component that promotes drugs or is utilized to consume drugs (i.e: Bongs, cannabis cafes)
- Any instructional content on how to make, procure, or use drugs
- Any product containing tobacco (i.e: Cigarettes, chewing tobacco)
- Any apparatus or component that is utilized to consume tobacco (i.e: Pipes, rolling papers & filters)
- Products made to simulate smoking (i.e: E-cigarettes, herbal cigarettes)
- Practice Common Sense: Always aim to provide products that serve to positively benefit customers and be very mindful about anything that might potentially put them in harm’s way.
- Know The Policy: Carefully review Google Merchant Center’s policy on dangerous products to avoid violations.
- Request a Review: Should Merchant Center suspend your account, immediately remove the indicated problem and request an account review for clearance. Depending on the issue, this review should on average take three business days to process.
Find out why over 30% of the top 1,000 Internet Retailers choose Feedonomics.
Check out our success stories
Barney’s New York
Find out how Impression Share skyrocketed by over 200% with a 117% increase in Revenue.
Find out how our agency partners Subaru campaign generated over $1 million in sales within 4 months.