What do I need to set up a Facebook Marketplace account as a retailer?
- To start, you will need a Facebook account, and then you will need to create a Business Page.
- You will also need to create a Business Manager and connect your Business Page to Business Manager.
- Once you have a Business Page, you will need to submit the “Marketplace eCommerce Retailer Interest Form” and get approved by Facebook.
- You will also need to set up Commerce Manager to get access to checkout, inventory, orders, and payouts.
This is what you will need to set up Commerce Manager:
- Business information: Your legal business name, address and contact information.
- Business Email Address: Receive notifications around shop setup, alerts, summary insights, chargeback notifications.
- Business Category
- Customer Service Email Address: To relay customer service requests
- Business Representative Information: Name and date of birth.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): To set up your payments account.
- Banking Information: Account and routing numbers.
- State Tax Registration Number: For every U.S. state where you have tax nexus.
- Shipping Options
- Return Policy
What are the commission rates and selling fees on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook selling fees are automatically deducted from your payouts. Facebook’s selling fee is 5% per shipment, and does not vary by product category. Shipments of $8.00 or less will have a flat fee of $0.40. The selling fee includes taxes and any payment processing costs.
What are the image requirements on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook accepts the following file types for product image URLs: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF. The max file size is 8 MB. The minimum image resolution is 500 x 500 pixels. For best quality, an image resolution of 1024 x 1024 pixels is recommended, but there is no maximum resolution.
Do I need approval to list products in certain categories on Facebook Marketplace?
Businesses must be approved by Facebook before they can sell retail products in any category on Marketplace.
Are UPCs or GTINs required to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
GTINs and UPCs are not required at this time. You must provide at least one of the following: brand, MPN (manufacturer part number), or GTIN.
Find out why over 30% of the top 1,000 Internet Retailers choose Feedonomics.
Brian Roizen is the Cofounder and Chief Architect of Feedonomics, a full-service feed optimization platform that optimizes product data for hundreds of channels. He has been featured on numerous podcasts and eCommerce webinars, and regularly contributes to Search Engine Land and other industry-leading blogs. Brian graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.